Facebook is launching a Messenger app on the big screen so you can video chat on your PC and stay connected with friends and family. The rollout is now available for both macOS and Windows.
The company states that audio and video calling via messenger on a desktop browser has grown 100% in the past month. The Messenger desktop app offers numerous benefits, including unlimited and free group video calls.
The key highlights of the messenger desktop app include;
- Group video calls – stay connected with family and friends, host a virtual happy hour and join a workout.
- Easy to connect – since all your Facebook friends have messenger, you don’t need to have a phone number or email to connect to others.
- Multitasking – It’s easy to access your chats while doing other things on your computer, which is not possible on a smartphone.
- Notifications – You will get notified when you’ve new messages. But you can choose to snooze or mute your notifications if you want.
- Chat syncing- you will never lose your chat history no matter what device you’re using.
- Everything you love about Messenger on a bigger screen – including Dark Mode and GIFs.
Users can start downloading the messenger desktop app from the Microsoft Store or Mac App Store.
Stay home, stay connected.